||MBA in Business Analytics
|Course Duration||2 Years|
|Course Fee||12 Lacs (Refer Fee Schedule)|
Management education at BITS Pilani brings cutting-edge thinking and best learning practices with MBA in Business Analytics.
- Three semesters of rigorous on-campus training coupled with an option of either six months' exposure to industry through a structured and evaluative paid internship (Practice School) or dissertation makes this programme unique. In Practice School, students work on real-time projects in reputed companies with the possibility of getting a pre placement offer on its completion.
- Hands-on laboratory sessions and innovative teaching pedagogies to aid classroom teaching
- Certification programs / training workshops will be organized for improving necessary skills related to business analytics
- Continuous interaction with leading experts from the industry
- Possibility of international immersion
- Legendary alumni network of BITS Pilani for mentorship
- Substantial financial assistance through teaching assistantship
- BTech/ BE/ BPharma/ BArch/ MCA/ MSc/ First Degree of BITS Pilani or equivalent *, with minimum 60 % in aggregate or equivalent CGPA in the Qualifying Degree.
- Students who are in the final year of their Qualifying Degree programme are also eligible to apply, provided they can submit the original copies of the results till 1st October, 2022, and fulfill other criteria.
- The applicant should have taken mathematics / statistics as a subject in 12th standard with at least 60 % marks in either of these subjects.
* Equivalence of First Degree of BITS Pilani for consideration of 'Qualifying Degree' will be determined by an expert committee
2021 Batch Student's review
It was on the lower side as it was the first year. Roughly it was in the range of 120-130.
How to prepare
Business Analytics professional is quite different from a regular MBA, that’s why BITS decided to start this exam to test the candidate on its Analytics/coding skills and general aptitude. This is the second time BITS is conducting this exam. Generally in the initial couple of years, any exam tends to evolve a lot on its difficulty level, question pattern etc. So I am not sure how different this year's BAAT exam will turn out to be. There will be 100 Questions, 75 mixed of Quantitative aptitude, Logical reasoning, Data Interpretation and Verbal Ability and the rest 25 Questions will be from Coding. For analytics aptitude basic programming and Mathematics of class 11th and 12th standard will be sufficient. If you have decent level of CAT preparations then it'll be enough for management aptitude test. They generally ask 'C' language with higher mathematical questions and it would be beneficial to go through the sample questions on the website as it will provide you a clearer picture about the exam. It’s relatively easier than CAT but one has to go through and practice Analytics or Coding questions. 50% of BAAT score is considered for final selection along with Class 12th and Under-graduation Percentage plus Interview. If you score above 200 marks you will have sure chance of converting.
As the MBA course is shifted from General Management to Business Analytics, department is still trying to get the best faculties for Analytics. I'll say as of now management faculties are good and there can be some new recruits or changes in the Analytics faculties in the future. This programme is different from the regular MBA as the core focus is on Statistics and Programming. Facilities are supportive and can be approached any time, just by dropping text. BITS is an eminent institute, the overall vibe of the campus is great, there are so many clubs in who regularly conduct events ,workshops and many other things. All of the courses include lectures complemented by case studies to help students improve their analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. The Department of Management organizes for high-ranking industry executives to visit the school on a regular basis.
As this is the pioneer batch in Business Analytics programme we are yet to see the placement numbers but it is expected that this year average package will be around 12Lakhs to highest 32lakhs per annum.
- The link to apply for admission to the Two-Year On-Campus MBA in Business Analytics BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus is available at https://www.bitsadmission.com/ mba/mba.aspx
- Online application will close at 05:00 PM on February 28, 2022. The application fee is INR 3300/-, mode of payment is online and has been provided at the online application link.
The process will follow the following steps:
Step1: Candidates will apply for admission by filling the application form.
Step2: Applicants' eligibility status will be verified through the application form.
Step3: Applicants satisfying the eligibility criteria will be called for the Business Analytics Aptitude Test (BAAT), which comprises of Management Aptitude Section and Analytics Aptitude Section.
Step4: Applicants will be shortlisted for Personal Interview (PI) based on their performance in BAAT. The institute will decide the cut-off marks for PI.Evaluation criterion for provisional admission
Step5: After completion of further rounds following the BAAT, applicant's performance in the Management Aptitude Section of BAAT will be compared with his / her over-all CAT/XAT/GMAT performance (if available). Best out of these two performances will be considered.
Step6: Applicant's score in Analytics Aptitude Section of BAAT will be added to this earlier mentioned score.
Step7: Together the above two (Step5 and Step6) will provide the Composite Written Entrance Exam (CWEE) score.
Step8: Final selection will be based on overall performance (weighted score) in the composite written entrance exam (CWEE), Personal Interview, along with prior work experience, and previous academic history.
The metrics for awarding marks based on work experience and previous academic history are provided in the next question.
Table 1: Selection Process Points
|Points for Class X Marks ||5|
|Points for Class XII Marks||5|
|Points for Qualifying Degree Marks ||10|
|Work experience ||5|
|Points for entrance exam performance||50|
Table 2: Points Calculations (Academic)
|Percentage||Point Calculation for Class X as well as for XII (x in %)*|
|x > 90||5|
|80 < x <=90||4|
|70 < x <=80
|60 < x <= 70
Table 3: Points Calculations (Academic)
||Qualifying Degree Marks (x in %)#
|x > 95||10|
|90 < x <=95||9|
|85 < x <=90||8|
|80 < x <= 85||7|
|75 < x <=80||6|
|70 < x <= 75||5|
|65 < x <= 70||4|
|60 < x <=65
Table 4: Points Calculation (Work Experience)
|Work Experience ( x in Months)
|x > 48
|36 < x <= 48||3|
|24 < x <=36||5|
|12 < x <=24||3|
|0 < x <= 12||1|
|x = 0||0|
Syllabus and Pattern for BAAT
The BAAT will comprise of a) Management Aptitude Section and b) Analytics Aptitude Section. The syllabus and pattern is as follows:
a) Management Aptitude Section : This section will measure management aptitude in
three areas- Quantitative Ability, Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension and Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning. The duration of this section of the test will be 2 hours and the questions will be multiple choice.
Verbal Ability: Verbal Reasoning, Sentence completion, Grammar, Syllogisms, Jumbled paragraphs, Para Completion and inference, Contextual usage, Foreign language words used in English, Reading Comprehension, Analogies, Sentence correction, Verbal Logic, Different usage of same word, Idioms, Parajumbles, Antonyms.
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning: Blood Relations, Series, Proposition, Direction Sense, Coding-Decoding, Assumptions, Puzzles, Clocks and Calendars, Statements, Data Arrangement, Family Tree, Binary Logic, Seating Arrangement, Sets & Case lets, Syllogism, Venn Diagram, Data Structures, Tables & Pie Charts, Data Sufficiency, Bars & Line Graphs.
Quantitative Aptitude: Geometry, Trigonometry, Algebra, Mensuration, Partnership (Accounts), Profit \& Loss, Ratios and Proportion, In-equations Quadratic and linear equations, Surds and Indices, Time-Speed-Distance, Number System, Geometric Progression, Inequalities, Work and Time, Percentages, Logarithms.
b) Analytics Aptitude Section: The objective of the analytics aptitude test is to check candidate's basic aptitude on computers and mathematics. The duration of the test may be of 1 hour and the questions will be of multiple choice from Matrices; Linear Algebra; Coordinate geometry in two dimensions, Basic Differential and Integral Calculus; Numerical Analysis; Probability and combination; Fundamental Programming Concepts; Basic Data Structures (arrays, lists, stacks, and queues); Boolean Algebra.
Refer to the FAQ document for further information
Thanks for reading.